We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal data we hold about you. This policy explains what data we collect about you, how we collect it, the measures we take to keep your data secure and the uses and disclosures we make of it. We also explain the options you have regarding your personal data. When you request services from us, access our websites, utilize our mobile “apps” or otherwise interact with us, for example, but without limitation, through our kiosks, our official corporate pages on third party social networks (such as Facebook) or the “apps” on those pages, you consent to our collection, retention and use of your personal data in the manner described in this policy and accept the risks outlined in the Security section. You can quickly review the key topics by reading the following overview or you may continue to scroll down to read more about an issue or to read the full policy. .
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date).
Online Account: When you make a booking, we will give you the opportunity to create an online account. If you accept we will store the personal details you provide in our customer database. This will enable you to make future bookings more rapidly. Deletion of your online account will not delete the personal data that we hold on file. You are able to view and correct the personal data we hold at any time, see the Accessing and updating information section on how to do so.
Orantal Preferred: If you join our orantal Preferred service we will create an online account for you. Your account will include all the information you enter into the orantal Preferred Membership Form.
Wizard Card Holders: If you are a Wizard card holder we link your membership number to the information we keep in our main customer database in order to speed up your booking process.
History of Transactions: We will maintain electronic records of all rental agreements and other transactions you enter into with orantal
COLLECTION: We collect a range of data about you from a variety of sources for the purposes of our business. The examples we provide here are illustrative rather than a complete list of our practices.
We collect the personal data and the non-personal data we need to process your reservation requests and to provide the services you request from us and for our operational uses in connection with such services, which may include:
- Name, address and contact details, including telephone and mobile number, and email address;
- Date and place of birth, passport number and driver’s license number and, upon our request, a copy of your driver’s license;
- Your gender and photo;
- Employer(s) name, address and phone number;
- Credit card information;
- Frequent flyer and other membership reward or loyalty program information;
- Affiliations with or sponsorships by companies, associations, colleges or cities;
- Location data such as geographic location of electronic devices used to contact us or to access our mobile “apps” or of the vehicle or equipment you have rented;
- Information regarding the vehicle or equipment rented and its operation during your rental;
- Rental charges you incur and other information relating to your transactions;
- Information transmitted by your computer’s browser software;
- Itinerary information, including airline and/or flight information; and
- Information about your credit history or other publicly available information about you from consumer reporting agencies.
We may collect certain personal data that constitutes sensitive data in some countries, such as data about health conditions or membership of a trade union. Depending upon applicable local law, we may be unable to process such sensitive data without your consent.
How does orantal protect your data?
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology is used to protect personal information such as credit card details when making a booking. And paid online
Any personal information that we hold as part of your customer profile will be held in a database with physical and technological security controls and procedures in place.
Only the last 4 digits of your credit card number will be displayed when viewing, amending or deleting your credit card details or on any booking on our website.
Subscribing to our email newsletter
Our email newsletter provides subscribers with the latest information on prices, offers, products, services and competitions. We will only send our newsletter to users who have agreed to receive it.
When you agree to receive our newsletter we will ask for a minimum of your email address. Over time we may ask for additional personal information about you. Providing this information is voluntary and will be used to customize the content of your newsletter so it is relevant to you.
You can unsubscribe at any time and will be given the option to do so from each newsletter we send you.
With whom we share your information:
- This website may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, . We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
Cookies and other technologies
- To help us customize the content and advertisements provided to you on this website and on other sites across the Internet. For example, when you access a page on our website, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the travel tools offered on our sites.
In addition to the above cookies, we use Local Shared Objects, also referred to as “flash cookies,” on our web site. These are used to enhance your user experience, for example, by storing your user preferences and settings, such as your volume/mute settings, and in connection with animated content on our website. Local Shared Objects are similar to browser cookies, but can store data more complex than simple text. By themselves, they cannot do anything to or with the data on your computer. Like other cookies, they can only access personally identifiable information that you have provided on this site, and cannot be accessed by other websites. To find out more about flash cookies or how to disable them,
This site may also use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.